1. you’re pretty sure you know at least half of the population of Carmel
2. you come home with a medley of different accents
3. commercials for christian rock CDs com on and you can sing (and have a dance for) every song advertized
4. you’re scared of whitetail
5. you hardly notice when water tastes like blood
6. you only do the Roger Murphy for the purple band
7. you have crazy tan lines from wearing a tank top over a bathing suit
8. everything reminds you of something from camp
9. you have a fair share of misc. homemade trinkets lying around- candle holders, baskets, pottery…etc
10. you’ve been nailed in the eye by the water fountain at upper pioneer
11. you start a story with “oh that reminds me of this time at camp when…” and everyone already stops listening
12. you can’t get the Arapaho cheer out of your head…BING
13. Mark Kramer is the greatest thing to happen to this earth
14. shortly followed by Chuck Norris
15. you’ve risked your life by diving in front of Davey just to get your picture in a brochure or a flier
16. Portugese accents hardly phase you anymore
17. you know when to avoid Jacob the Dreamcrusher and Guto the Purple Killer
18. you’ve been scolded for having an eating race with only your face
19. you’ve formed an alliance in the pit
20. you know not to touch the bottom of the lake. ever.
21. you’ve despised teton’s cheer
22. you’ve tried to explain flies to people and you end up giving up because they never get it
23. you’ve craved to win the golden toilet seat
24. “It’s not camp tefunseh…”
25. every story you tell ends with “oh I guess you just had to be there…”
26. you know that the stars are the brighter at camp than anywhere else
27. you’ve tried to cup stack with the cups in your kitchen
28. you know how to say all of your body parts in spanish
29. you don’t eat green M&Ms
30. you know to expect a techno dance party whenever Arapaho serenades
31. you’ve participated in a breadstick dump
32. you’ve “accidently” tipped your canoe on a float trip
33. you pretend to know all the words to “the order of the oar”
34. you own crocs
35. you wouldn’t be surprised if you ended up marrying one of your camp friends one day
36. your parents feel like they’ve been there considering how much you talk about it
37. you’ve lost the game
38. you can’t get the smell of axe to leave your nose
39. you didn’t think you could ever cry as hard as you did on your last night
40. for girls- you’ve pretended to be buffalo
41. for guys- you’ve participated in the lake ladies cheer at lunch
42. you’ve been in foods class or watching the food network singing “chop the nuts, chop the nuts…”
43. you know no good can come from going in the out door
44. you’ve done a frisky dance
45. you’ve mastered the block game down to an artform
46. you’ve wanted to break something in order to ride in the golfcart
47. you have friendship bracelets coming out the wazoo
48. you’ve almost died on the suspension bridge
49. you’ve burned your butt on a bench at flagpole
50. you wish you could be the buffalo queen
51. you’re always excited to see what kinds of new acrobatics the glanders will do during “O a Day Lay”
52. you’ve made a friend at the salad bar
53. you secretly want to scoop up Sophie and put her in your pocket and run off
54. you know that refusal to ripping up your too cool cards on the first day is the best way to be lame.
55. you get really excited for chocolate milk at theme dinner
56. you’ve professed your friendship for someone via a minglet
57. you miss having to battle for the last dessert
58. you’ve serched for a peteca in sports authority and are upset when they never have any
59. you’ve pounded fists with the corn lady
60. you’ve trekked up to ghost cabin at midnight…and heard the noises…
61. your phone bill skyrockets when you get home because of long distance calls to your best friends
62. you get home to a fresh shower and a comfy bed, and even after sleeping on a mattress the thickness of a phonebook for x number of weeks, all you could ever want to do is go back home.
63. you’ve been scolded for yelling “MANDMS” or “FIVE” during M&M’s
64. you know what it takes to be greeeeaaaatttt….
65. you’ve got all the facts you need about native amercians thanks to Dave Wright
66. you love listening to people try to say “Tecumseh”
67. you’ll never forget your first game of gaga
68. you get really excited when the Hillshire Farms commercial to the tune of boom chicka boom comes on. "I said a beef hot links!"
69. your family is amazed at how quickly you can shower
70. you’ve survived a trust fall
71. planet earth is your new favorite show
72. you have calves of steel from climbing the hill from river to lake every day
73. you know never to challenge Krafty to a dance off
74. you’ve counted the steps by the bullet
75. you’ve almost died on suicide hill
76. you’ve gotten bruised in a quest for cereal
77. you crave hobo dinners randomly throughout the year
78. you’ve ran/rolled down the hill by the bullet…and were probably injured
79. you know better than to stand anywhere near the water polo game, or you will be landed on.
80. the amount of germ-x used in a day is about equavilent to Marsh Lake
81. you’re scared of the bush (Creech/George W.) behind shoshone and teton. rightfully so.
82. you know what the ghost cat does to non believers
83. you “cheat to win” in the case of Elliott Baker and Blake Bowman
84. you look forward to eating an abnormal number of corndogs
85. when someone at your church or any other place sings a song from camp, but with a different tune or rhythm.. you feel automatically compelled to correct them.
86. BOOTY CHECKKKK!!
87. you eat green M&Ms when you want to rebell
88. you’ve asked your mom to make baked oatmeal on multiple occasions
89. at the end of announcements you want to add, “and remember to have a great day!”
90. you feel the need to sing “RONALD MCDONALD LOVES THE FISH FILLET” when you go into mcdonalds
91. you try to keep your blue band on all year so you dont have to take the swim test next year
92. when being a cilt and then a counslor are your only future dreams
93. you have inside jokes with people on the other side of the country
94. you have tanlines from friendship bracelets
95. you have the urge to stand on your chair and put flies on someone in the school cafeteria
96. you wanna (actually you do) cry when your athletic teams coach tells you you have to cut off the bracelets
97. your blue band is now white
98. you call people who annoy you “that guy”
99. you’ve wounded/embarrassed yourself climbing out of the gaga pit
100. you’ve wondered how big the snapping turtle that just brushed your foot really is…
101. you know for a fact that there are friendly whales in the lake making the bubbles, and tell this to as many braves as possible.
102. you have swum roger murphy and accidentally gotten sucked into the gross algea lake mystery bottom that is by the dock.
103. you know more about your cabin mates after 2 weeks than you know about your family.
104. your home is not home, your cabin is.
105. You sleep better on 3” of blue foam than on a king size Serta.
106. You have seen The Moose, were disgusted, and want desperately to see it again.
107. You know who Trader Jim was and where he lived.
108. You use the blue gold bond.
109. You know both Purdue and Indiana’s fight song despite attending neither school.
110. You have had an intensely religious God moment ruined by River Rats on the Tippecanoe below the Green Cathedral.
111. You have followed the Tour de France and the World Cup despite being neither a soccer nor a cycling fan.
112. You never held it, but you saw the honker once—and it was twice as big as they say.
113. You have sprinted over a hundred yards to hug a person in a funny hat with a clipboard, given foot rubs, showered them with candy, and generally made a fool of yourself for five fictitious points.
114. You have braved the main field when it was full of B-52 wasps and lived to tell the tale.
115. You have met Joe Popp.
116. You drive your friends crazy singing the campfire songs.
117. you love the taste of well water because it reminds you of camp.
118. You still can’t help but sing the m&m song when you eat them.
119. You think “pop stop!” whenever you get something to drink.
120. You give people “camp tecumseh appropriate hugs.”
121. you spend the entire school year counting down the days until summer … just for campt!
122. You always come home wearing your unit t-shirt.
123. you want carpet ball to be a competitive sport
124. you got in trouble for making a gang sign or funny face during the whole village photo.
125. you have had dirt in ur hair for a few days because of the mud hike (and you cant seem to get it all out for awhile)
126.ben richter is your hero and arguably your favorite singer.
127. you thank people who holding a door for you with “way to be third!”
128. no matter how dry the weeks are at camp everything seems slightly damp when you get home
129. you keep all of your sagamore beads
130. you tell people at school to ‘rip up their too cool card’
131. you want to visit brazil
132. you have said fail train or struggle bus and people give you weird looks
133. you wish your best friend was an alligator.
134. you want to buy junk at an auction.
135. you say “pass me the germ-x” when you sit down to eat, before you realize there isn’t any.
136. you throw things across the table in the hopes that they’ll land half-way off so you can flip them.
137. you know all the names of toms and the horsemanship kids.
138. you take friendship braclets every year even though you know how to make them.
139. you come home being experts at the most pointless things that your never going to use again. (cup stacking, gaga, carpetball, pen lathing, basket making, disc golf)
140. someone knocks on your door at night and you expect to get serenaded (or have water balloons thrown at you)
141. you feel like shaking it like a bulldog
142. you feel weird not showering off before getting into a pool
143. you search for chapel songs on youtube or Itunes
144. you need rest hour in the middle of the day
145. you are lost because you dont have a schedule to follow
I know I’ve posted this picture with the exact same title before, but I’m missing camp so much. I love this girl to death. We made a list of all the things we missed from home, and now I feel like I should be making a list of all the things I miss from camp. My how the times have changed.
But it’s hard for me to comprehend that. I don’t know why. You’re right in front of me. You look right at me. You smile. You breathe. You talk. You laugh. You sing. And yet, I can’t believe you’re actually there. I don’t know what we are right now. Friends, I suppose. Distant friends. In my mind we’re the best of friends. You still occupy a lot of my thoughts, even after all this time. You once told me all you wanted me to be was happy. That’s all you ever wanted. Well what if being happy included you?
I can’t remember anything from our past. I look back and it’s all a blur. Where are we going?
WHY IT’S MORE THAN I CAN BEAR. I love listening to Disney songs. Christian told me this is all we’re going to do at his “post prom party” after Junior Prom. 80s followed by an all night Disney marathon? BRING IT.